We are always grateful for our fantastic customers year round, but we want to take a moment to express how thankful we are for each of you this time of year! We want you to not only enjoy the holidays, but to remain safe during them as well. Here are some tips from us to you on how to lower your chance of risk throughout the upcoming week and avoid any possible issues.
1. Never leave your food unattended while frying or grilling.
2. Use a timer and routinely check whatever you’re cooking.
3. If frying or deep-frying, keep the fryer outside, away from walls, and free from moisture.
4. Never use a glass casserole or lid on the stove or burner, as it may explode from the heat.
5. Ensure that pot holders and food wrappers are a safe distance— at least 3 feet!—from warmed surfaces (i.e. the stove).
6. Avoid dangling accessories or loose clothes around kitchen fires.
7. Never douse a grease fire with water, as the fire can thus spread. Turn off the burner, smother the flames with a lid (wearing an oven mitt!), or douse with baking soda or a fire extinguisher if it’s getting out of hand.
8. Keep a fire extinguisher handy in the kitchen, and know how to use it.
9. Ensure your smoke alarms are connected and working.
10. Unplug appliances that are small and unnecessary; it’s a smart way to save energy and eliminate potential dangers if something is accidentally turned on.
1. Buckle up, slow down, and don’t drive impaired.
2. Be well rested and alert.
3. Follow the rules of the road. They’re there for a reason!
4. Give your full attention to the road. Avoid distractions such as cell phones. NO TEXTING AND DRIVING!
5. Observe the speed limits – driving too fast or too slow can increase your chance of being in a collision.
6. Make frequent stops. During long trips, rotate drivers. If you’re too tired to drive, stop and get some rest.
7. Don’t follow another vehicle too closely.
8. Clean your headlights, taillights, signal lights and windows to help you see, especially at night.
9. Turn your headlights on as dusk approaches, or if you are using your windshield wipers due to inclement weather.
10. If you have car trouble, pull off the road as far as possible.
Most of all, have a happy Thanksgiving from our family, to your family!!!